Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Winter Tuck

January 15, 2007, Southwestern Ontario finally feels the winter chill. It was a long awaited event, though not highly anticipated by most. The city was running quite well without the slush and muck that ushers in the winter weather. Minimal bus and street car delays(which i must say is a rant for another time), highway traffic busy as usual but no disastrous accidents. All in working order.
I do have to admit, I am one of the few who get excited for winter. I simply adore the white flakes that fall so elagently from the sky, and the crisp feeling of the cold air in my lungs as I walk outside. However this year I found myself not missing the winter wonderland so much. I think this has to do with the new found hour long commute (each way) that I make both morning and night on my way to and from work. On my recent chilly walks, in spite of my extremely warm, knee length, down filled winter jacket I have been experiencing a sharp touch of cold air around my mid drift. This feeling is one I considered important of ridding, as once chilled I find it impossible to warm up again. This is where I introduce to you "The Winter Tuck" I don't claim to have invented said tuck, however I do claim to be a strong supporter of it. The past two mornings I have added an extra layer to my ensemble, one that is not too thick that I will feel hot while sitting in the office, and obviously long enough to tuck in. A good example of the ideal extra layer would be a cotton/nylon stretch tank from Old Navy $12.00. The added item has brought me great comfort and has taken that sharp chill right away. I would suggest you all give it a go.

No comments: