Monday, December 11, 2006

Why I Hate Hewlett Packer

Monday December 11, 2006. Woke up not looking terribly forward to work, suffering a bit of a sinus headache and not anticipating staring into the depths of a computer screen all day, however i was still doing all right. Upon arriving to the office after my glorious three day weekend (took Friday off to attend Nathan's christmas party) I noticed a big blue bag sitting on my desk. I quickly learned that our projector had died on friday and i was responsible for having it serviced. Not only that but the back up HP projector we would be using as a temporary needed a new remote. Easy enough i figure, go online find the remote process the order done... that was what i thought... in my first google search for the projector its self i learned that this particular model had been discontinued a few years ago and the parts are no longer available on line... no big deal just call the number on the site. So i called and let me remind you no 1 800 # is ever a direct line... after being on hold for what felt like forever m(really about 15 min) i was greeted by a sales agent who informed me i was connected to the wrong departnemt... this became the pattern over the next few hours as i was directed to 4 different departments up which i all found myself waiting on hold... after learning that all of my waiting was a waste because i had been talking to US agents instead of Canadian ones i started the process all over with the Canadian HP personel... to my great relief i finally talked with someone who found the part i needed, the price filled out all my information processed the order... and then told me that this part is currently not available in Canada... yes it's 2:04 I have a terrible pain in my neck from holding the phone for so long, sinus headache ever more strong, and my search has failed... This is why i hate Hewlett Packer

No comments: